Icon helmets launch new product in US with safety message
Icon helmets have launched a new product called the Airframe Statistic. The product is available in US with a retail price of 390 US Dollars (Rs 23,622). It is a new design which conveys safety message for riders.
At first look, it might seem that there are just random numbers written on the helmet
At first look, it might seem that there are just random numbers written on the helmet, but that's not the case, the numbers are actually statistics that show which area of the helmet is likely to get hit in the event of an accident. The numbers are based on the Hurt report which came out in 1981 and was a five year study in to US motorcycle crashes.
The tri-composite shell comes in a black contruct finish and has intake and exhaust ports
The helmet's outer shell is made from layers of fibre glass, dyneema and carbon fibre to give it excellent impact strength and rigidity. The helmet also comes with the proprietary Hydradry liner which keeps the inside dry and cool by way of heat buildup reduction. The tri-composite shell comes in a black contruct finish and has intake and exhaust ports for better cooling and for reduced head buffeting, a rear spoiler . The visor comes with Prolock locking system.
The numbers are based on the Hurt report which came out in 1981 and was a five year study in to US motorcycle crashes.
The Airframe Statistic is available in sizes ranging from XS to 3XX and is build to comply with DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), SAI AS1698 (Australia) and SG (Japan) safety and test standards.
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block