Icon helmets launch new product in US with safety message
Icon helmets have launched a new product called the Airframe Statistic. The product is available in US with a retail price of 390 US Dollars (Rs 23,622). It is a new design which conveys safety message for riders.
At first look, it might seem that there are just random numbers written on the helmet
At first look, it might seem that there are just random numbers written on the helmet, but that's not the case, the numbers are actually statistics that show which area of the helmet is likely to get hit in the event of an accident. The numbers are based on the Hurt report which came out in 1981 and was a five year study in to US motorcycle crashes.
The tri-composite shell comes in a black contruct finish and has intake and exhaust ports
The helmet's outer shell is made from layers of fibre glass, dyneema and carbon fibre to give it excellent impact strength and rigidity. The helmet also comes with the proprietary Hydradry liner which keeps the inside dry and cool by way of heat buildup reduction. The tri-composite shell comes in a black contruct finish and has intake and exhaust ports for better cooling and for reduced head buffeting, a rear spoiler . The visor comes with Prolock locking system.
The numbers are based on the Hurt report which came out in 1981 and was a five year study in to US motorcycle crashes.
The Airframe Statistic is available in sizes ranging from XS to 3XX and is build to comply with DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), SAI AS1698 (Australia) and SG (Japan) safety and test standards.
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsGoodyear launched two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines