Image gallery: 2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus
The 2016 Audi R8 might look familiar but it is an all new car. This is the first new generation R8 since the original broke cover in 2006. The new R8 stays true to the original in that it is still an all-wheel drive car featuring a naturally aspirated V10 engine. Audi has chosen to drop the old V8 engine from the base R8 and instead offer the V10 in two states of tune. The base R8 V10 makes 540PS while the range topping R8 V10 Plus offers 610PS. Both are mated to a lightening quick 7-speed dual clutch transmission. Unfortunately, the 6-speed manual from the old car is no longer available. The R8 V10 Plus is available in India at a price of Rs 2.47cr ex-showroom Delhi. Look out for a full review in Indian conditions in OVERDRIVE shortly. Till then, scroll down for the details!
The iconic R8 shape remains but in a sharper, more angular avatar
Changes include new LED headlamps and larger twin-strake air intakes below the lights
The V10 Plus gets a spoiler and an aggressive rear diffuser
Big gaping airvents under the tail lights hint at sporting intentions
It's all in the small details like the lovely carbon-fibre mirror caps
Multiple wheel choices are available but this intricate 20-spoke wheel is our favoruite
A cut-away look at the R8 V10 Plus' suspension and steering systems
Carbon fibre detailing is a must in a supercar!
Typical Audi cabin is minimal, high quality and comes with a high resolution, fully digital instrument cluster
Comprehensive steering wheel comes with seperate buttons for launch control, engine start-stop, exhuast and drive modes
Full digital instrument cluster can offer different displays based on requirement
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market