Image gallery: 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG Coupe
The GLE 450 AMG Coupe exists in the middle ground between a full-blown AMG-developed SUV and a standard Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe. It gets a 367PS biturbo V6 that we fell in love with and BMW X6 like Coupe styling that's polarising at best. The GLE provides sportscar performance with real world practicality and costs quite a fair bit less than a raging AMG-built SUV. You can read the full review here after you scroll through our image gallery of this hulking beast.
Whether or not the design is your cup of tea, there's no denying that it's a huge attention magnet
It may weigh 2.2 tonnes but the GLE is fast on its feet
The massive wheels are wrapped in fat rubber which generate huge grip on a winding road
The GLE 450 AMG Coupe's angry looking face is its best angle...
While the rear end is its most controversial angle. You either love it or loathe it
The wheels measure a giant 21 inches but fortunately the tyres still have a reasonably thick profile
Rear tail lamps and chrome strip are inspired by the handsome S 63 AMG. The LED detailing looks great at night
367PS, 520Nm and lovely soundtrack make this biturbo V6 the highlight of the GLE 450 AMG Coupe
The cabin feels rich and luxurious but the centre console design harks back to the old ML. An update would have been nice
The infortainment display is rich in colour and has plenty of new menus, including this one that shows cornering g-forces!
Black grille looks mean and nasty. We like!
Despite the sloping roof, the GLE Coupe has a massive 650-litre boot
Air suspension raises and drops the car depending on the drive mode. There's also a Lift mode for off-road encounters
Images by Suresh Narayanan
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh