Image gallery: 2016 Suzuki SV650
The Suzuki SV650 is one of the most iconic names in the modern motorcycling world. First introduced in 1999, the SV650 rocked a full aluminium frame borrowed from a sportsbike and a reliable but involving V-twin motor that made just over 70PS. It was priced incredibly well and became a favourite with new riders for its forgiving nature but also garnered a reputation for embarrassing many a more powerful and expensive sportsbike at the race track. Then in 2009, Suzuki replaced it with tubular framed Gladius that was never regarded in quite the same light.
For 2016, Suzuki has brought back the iconic SV650 nameplate and though it continued with the tubular frame Suzuki claims over 70 changes in the chassis alone, and if international reports are anything to go by, the magic is back. Scroll down for more details in the images.
Styling takes a simple, no-nonsense direction that some will love and others will simply look past.
The 645cc, 8-valve liquid cooled V-twin now makes 75PS and is redlined at a high 10,000rpm.
The chassis is around 7kg lighter than the outgoing SFV650 also knows as the Gladius that this bike replaces.
Full digital dial is borrowed from the mighty GSX-S1000 and GSX-S1000F motorcycles
Upright handlebars provide a comfortable riding position. Suzuki's one-touch start system means the starter button just has to be pressed once and not kept held to start the engine
Despite the naked, minimal style, the SV650 still weighs 197kg which is 15kg more than its rival the Yamaha MT-07
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept