Image gallery: 2016 Yamaha FJR1300
The Yamaha FJR1300 is the Japanese company's flagship touring motorcycle. For 2016, this Kawasaki Concours and Honda Goldwing rival gets a revised gearbox that now gets a sixth gear. Also on offer are a slipper clutch with an assist function that reduces the effort required at the lever. The headlamps are now full LED and cornering lamps are now available on the new ES version. As the name suggests, the ES version features electrically adjustable suspension. The base varaint retails at about Rs 11 lakh in the USA, add about Rs 2 lakh more for the ES version. Simply easily double that figure for a fair idea of how much this bike would cost after our tax and duty structure if Yamaha ever decides to bring it here.
Keep scrolling for all the images.
The big FJR1300 was born to swallow long distances in comfort while keeping the rider engaged with reasonably sporty dynamics
The windscreen is electrically height adjustable
Smooth inline four cylinder engine isn't a screamer and is more about the midrange rush. The redline is marked at 9,000rpm
A new 3-pod instrument cluster debuts on the 2016 model
New LED tail lamps are part of the refresh
Neatly integrated saddle bags are standard equipment
THE FJR1300 offers standard ABS and a full traction control system
Further touring friendly features are height adjustable seats, cruise control and heated grips for the rider
Starts Rs 26,85,775
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip