Image gallery: 2017 Nissan GT-R
Nissan has just taken the wraps off the 2017 Nissan GT-R at the 2016 New York International Auto Show and in a word, the car is a stunner. Especially in this fiery orange shade. The design is an evolution of the current GT-R and we see no reason for Nissan to have changed the looks, drastically. Afterall, the GT-R is one of the few supercars that do not require over the top wings and spoilers to generate downforce. It's unconventional design (in supercar terms) generates enough aero grip and there is no dearth of reviews that simply praise the iconic GT-R. Nissan have also retained the characteristic, circular tail lights that'll give other mortals a hint about what overtook them on the expressway. The 2017 GT-R also gets revised interiors with better attention to detail. In terms of performance, the 2017 Nissan GT-R comes with a 3.8-liter V6 motor that puts out 565PS at 6800 and generates 633Nm of torque. The motor is mated to a 6-speed dual-clutch transmission.
While there's no doubt that we are eager to get behind the wheel of the new Godzilla (this is the GT-R that's headed to India), and while we wait for that day, here's a peek at what's new in the 2017 Nissan GT-R.
The new GT-R gets updated exteriors and interiors as well as performance enhancements
All-new front with chrome finished V-motion grille is larger than the previous car
The side sills on the profile have been repositioned to improve air flow
Circular tail lamps have LED strips that outline the circumference
New headlamp and DRLs
New interior layout looks modern whilst remaining simple and clutter free
Contoured seats to help handle the g-forces
Note carbon fibre inserts. Huge screen displays a plethora of information
Starts Rs 1.99 Crore
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018