Image gallery: 2018 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Special
We have already told you about the two new additions to the Sportster family, the Iron 1200 and the Forty-Eight Special. The American motorcycle manufacturer states that the new fuel tank graphics distinguish both the Iron 1200 and the Forty-Eight Special, and combine bold color stripes with a formal typeface, color and graphic elements originally popular in the 1970s.""The art on these two fuel tanks reflect contemporary trends we are seeing on custom bikes and in design in general, a move away from more complex and intricate art to a look that's very simple and clean" states Brad Richards, Harley-Davidson V.P. of Styling & Design. He further adds, "We specifically selected the tallboy bar for its (Forty-Eight Special) shape as it offers less pull-back than the Mini-Ape, a look that really works with the steamroller front end and the smaller fuel tank on the Forty-Eight Special model." Here is a detailed look at the 2018 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Special through images
The burly front end of the Forty-Eight Special a 130mm front tire framed by 49mm forks secured in massive forged aluminum triple clamps looks especially menacing
It gets a gloss-black, 7.25-inch high Tallboy handlebar
That 2.2-gallon "peanut" Sportster fuel tank features rows of bold, horizontal stripes framing a simple Harley-Davidson text logo
The Evolution 1200 engine features a black top with a chrome treated lower section, including chrome primary, inspection and derby covers, and solid chrome muffler and exhaust shields.
Michelin Scorcher 31 tires front and rear are mounted on Black Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels (16-inch diameter front and rear).
Also see: Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Special First Ride Video
Starts Rs 32,99,000
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS records a sale of 58,906 units in May 2020
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV gets new petrol and diesel variant, priced from Rs 88.80 lakh
- FeaturesDirty cars due to Coronavirus lockdown
- Review2020 Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI first drive review
- NewsBajaj Auto sold a total of 1.27 lakh units of two-wheeler and CVs in May 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!