Image gallery: 2019 Porsche Taycan EV
Porsche has unveiled its first all-electric car, the Porsche Taycan. Two versions are available with Turbo and Turbo S and numerous world-first tech-bits like a two-speed transmission, the most efficient electric motors ever put on a production EV and an 800V electric system will also for rapid charge times.
The power output for the Turbo is 625PS, although a 3s overboost function bumps this up to 680PS. This and the 850Nm torque figure lets the Turbo get to 100 kmph from standstill in 3.2s. The Turbo S bumps the overboost power figure up to 761PS and the torque number to 1,050 Nm. This drops the 0 to 100 kmph time to 2.8s. Both cars have the same 280 kmph top-speed. The WLTP certified range for the Turbo is 450 km which drops to 412 km for the Turbo S.
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!