Image Gallery: 2019 Yamaha MT-15 priced at Rs 1.36 lakh
Yamaha India has launched the highly anticipated, street naked motorcycle, the MT-15 for the price of Rs 1.36 lakh. The Yamaha MT-15 is priced Rs 2,650 above the Yamaha FZ25.
The 2019 MT-15 features the same perimeter frame as the Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 and houses a 155cc, liquid-cooled, four-valve, single-cylinder engine that produces 19.3PS and 14.7Nm. The rake of the MT-15 is also the same as the R15 V3, however, the trail is shorter. The rear sprocket is larger and has 52 teeth.
The bike also borrows cycle parts from the YZF-R15 V3 such as the wheels, telescopic fork, and a 282mm disc brake up front. Single-channel ABS is standard. However, in order to keep costs in check, the MT-15 has a box-section swingarm. The lack of a fairing and its mounting brackets translates to a lower kerb weight as well.
The design is in line with the bigger bikes in the MT series of motorcycles that Yamaha sells, like the MT-09 and MT-10. The MT-15's headlamp, for instance, has a similar theme and is designed in a three-part layout, with the LED position lights flanking the centrally mounted, single projector beam headlamp.
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 95,680
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- NewsToyota Glanza hatchback to be launched in India on June 6
- NewsConfirmed: 2019 Aprilia Storm 125 and Vespa Urban Club to be launched in India on May 30
- News2019 TVS Apache RR310 launched in India with a slipper clutch for Rs 2.27 lakh
- FeaturesSoundscape: The hills of Kasauli come alive through a fantastic music festival
- NewsUpcoming production 2019 Kia SP2i SUV could get a head-up display