Image Gallery: 2019 Yamaha MT-15 priced at Rs 1.36 lakh
Yamaha India has launched the highly anticipated, street naked motorcycle, the MT-15 for the price of Rs 1.36 lakh. The Yamaha MT-15 is priced Rs 2,650 above the Yamaha FZ25.
The 2019 MT-15 features the same perimeter frame as the Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 and houses a 155cc, liquid-cooled, four-valve, single-cylinder engine that produces 19.3PS and 14.7Nm. The rake of the MT-15 is also the same as the R15 V3, however, the trail is shorter. The rear sprocket is larger and has 52 teeth.
The bike also borrows cycle parts from the YZF-R15 V3 such as the wheels, telescopic fork, and a 282mm disc brake up front. Single-channel ABS is standard. However, in order to keep costs in check, the MT-15 has a box-section swingarm. The lack of a fairing and its mounting brackets translates to a lower kerb weight as well.
The design is in line with the bigger bikes in the MT series of motorcycles that Yamaha sells, like the MT-09 and MT-10. The MT-15's headlamp, for instance, has a similar theme and is designed in a three-part layout, with the LED position lights flanking the centrally mounted, single projector beam headlamp.
Also see: Yamaha MT-15 First Ride Video
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 95,680
Starts Rs 20,39,233
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh
- NewsGoodyear launches two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India