Image Gallery: 2020 Corvette Stingray unveiled
The C8 Corvette Stingray has been unveiled and for the eight installment, the car gets a new chassis and an all new engine that has bumped up the power by over 45PS. The new car's entry level model will be priced under $60,000, which by today's conversion rates is Rs 41.3 lakh (approx.). Excluding the rice factor, the new C8 rivals the Porsche 911 turbo and the Mclaren 570S.
After being spotted for a number of times, the newest mid-engine american sports car breaks cover.
The mid-engine sports car gets a 6.2-litre V8 engine that puts out 502PS at 6450rpm and 637Nm of torque at 5150rpm
However, these numbers have been achieved with a z51 performance package that also hauls the car from 0-100 km/hr in under 3 seconds
The transmission is an eight speed dual clutch automatic only.
The new chassis design has moved the cabin ahead by 419mm. Speaking of the cabin, as the earlier Corvettes the cabin of the C8 is driver oriented as well.
The sharp styling is an outcome of form over function
The car has two boots for storage, in the front and the other in the rear behind the engine, where one can place the detachable roof.
The engine head peeps out of the rear screen and the car gets a chrome finish emblem that represents stingray's tail.
The Z51 pack adds larger brake rotors, specific axle ratio, performance exhaust and performance suspension with manually adjustable threaded spring seats.
The wheel size in the front are 19-inches while the wheel size in the rear is 20-inches
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subisidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far
- NewsKia Sonet powertrain details, including segment-first six-speed diesel automatic
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV: Top 10 feature highlights