Image gallery: 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250
Harley-Davidson's most traditional looking motorcycle from its new announcement is the Custom 1250. The Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 is based on the new middlweight modular platform that Harley-Davidson announced will give us motorcycles between 2020-2022. The bikes will range from 500 to 1250cc in four displacement classes and the 975 Streetfighter reveals two of the four classes. The Custom also features the same liquid-cooled engine format that the Pan America adventure tourer and the 975 Streetfighter boast albeit power and torque details are unknown at this time. With big balloon tyres and an exhaust that reminds us strongly of the new Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, the Custom 1250 look butch and classy. But this is the 'safest' design and product category of all the motorcycles revealed today. It is a modern motorcycle in the sense that it uses a simple LED head lamp and we love the way the tail light as been integrated into the number plate mount. The Custom 1250 leads the onslaught that begins in 2020 with new bikes lined up all the way through 2022. Harley-Davidson will also develop and produce a 250-500cc class motorcycle for India, but the timelines on that are unknown.
The 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 looks like a cruiser. And its the only cruiser-style motorcycle of the three motorcycles from the new 500-1250 platform that Harley revealed today!
There is more than a hint of the new Harley-Davidson Fat Bob in the 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250, no? The exhaust routing and the colour of the pipes is so close!
The headlight of the 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 looks like the Fat Bob's also but without the external casing. The transparent housing looks smart and modern. Very nicely done!
The simple tail unit of the 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 includes a built-in heat shield of sorts. Very classy but that will be a very, very hot bike to ride - expect this to change in the production model.
The 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 has a simple flat handlebar with the mirrors underslung and the indicators placed in a way we have seen the company do before.
What? A radiator and no attempt to hide it? The 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 has a liquid-cooled DOHC V-twin that promise modern performance
Harley-Davidson does like its balloon tyres, no? As on the Forty-Eight, the company knows how to make the bike handle despite them, though. Here's hoping the 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 is as sharp in feel as it looks
The 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 swingarm is a wonderful unit blending tubular and moulded elements. Note the super neat rear brake caliper mounting
Great details like the tail light that forms the top of the numberplate mount, with integrated indicators are a all over the 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250
No visible instrument cluster probably means that the 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 uses the same top bar clamp integrated instruments that we so loved on the new Touring models
The 2020 Harley-Davidson Custom 1250 arrives 2020 and other models from the platform will all be out by 2022
- Harley-Davidson announces major strategy update. India to get 250-500cc class motorcycle!
- Image gallery: 2020 Harley-Davidson Pan America adventure tourer
- Image gallery: 2020 Harley-Davidson Streetfighter 975 sport naked
Starts Rs 14,59,000
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2018 Mahindra Alturas G4 first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched in India at Rs 7.44 lakh
- NewsYamaha collaborates with Hero Cycles and Mitsui & Co to develop e-cycles in India
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga India launch
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza production increased
- News2018 LA Auto Show: Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro to be unveiled on November 28
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998