Image gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
The Audi e-tron electric SUV has been revealed, priced at USD 76,400. The e-tron's styling is almost unchanged over the 2015 e-tron Quattro concept, though the production car is marginally larger. Between the wheels and in the floor is a 95kWh lithium-ion battery pack that comprises of 36 modules containing 12 pouch-type cells each. Each cell is rated at 60Ah, which is higher than the 35-56Ah cells used by Tesla and Nissan. The battery pack is capable of a 150kW DC rapid charging, which is 30kW superior to Tesla's Supercharger.
The e-tron weighs around three tonnes, out of which, around 700kg is the battery alone. Audi says they could have made the batteries lighter, but for the intended safety, weight distribution and dynamics they had to keep the weight up. Its placement in the floor lowers the centre of gravity and aids handling dynamics. To that effect, the e-tron gets air suspension in all four corners. The low-roofline, self-adjusting air-suspension, and the slim profile for the wing mirrors have enabled the designers to reach a drag coefficient as low as 0.27cD on the e-tron. The mirrors are the party piece, as they feature wide-angle cameras instead and that display the feed on slick OLED screens between the door pad and the A-pillars. These mirrors alone contribute around 20kms to the overall driving range. The e-tron's grille contributes to the aero too, despite its conventional design. Behind it is a radiator that is mated to a lattice-type water-based thermal system for the batteries.
See more images of the Audi e-tron below:
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like