Image gallery: Automobili Amos Lancia Delta Futurista
The Lancia Delta is a relatively unremarkable hatchback from the 80s. The Delta HF Integrale, the hotter version, gave birth to one of the winningest cars in the World Rally Championship till date and spawned the Delta S4. And now, a company called Automobili Amos has made the Delta Futurista, the car that'll take the Lancia Delta legacy forward.
It is based on a 1989 Delta Integrale 16V four-door, though in being converted to a two-door, ends up looking more like the later Delta S4 Stradale road car. Under the hood, however, is the original car's 202PS 2-litre turbocharged motor, which has been revised and returned to produce 335PS. It just weighs 1,250kg, thanks to carbon fibre panels literally everywhere, so it should make for a quick car. The aim, however, was to retain the charm and aura of the original, with a modern twist. We think Automobili Amos has succeeded in style with the USD 350,000 Delta Futurista, of which just 15 examples will be made. Take a look at the car below and decide for yourself.
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live