Image gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
The Bajaj Qute quadricycle was launched today in Maharashtra at Rs 2.78 lakh for the CNG variant and Rs 2.48 lakh for Petrol variant - all prices ex-showroom. The quadricycle is available for both commercial and personal applications and will be sold via Bajaj's netwrok of three-wheeler dealers.
The Qute is seeing a phased launch across India and is already available in Kerala, Rajasthan, Orissa, Gujarat and UP. This is because while the Supreme Court has already given its go ahead, the inclusion of three-wheelers as a new category of vehicles is a state subject. This means that the state government has the final say in allowing such vehicles to ply on its roads.
The Qute is powered by a 216cc, single-cylinder, four-stroke, twin-spark (DTSI) engine. The CNG variant produces 11PS at 5,500rpm and 16.1Nm at 4,000rpm, while the petrol powered version produces 13.18PS at 5,500rpm and 18.9Nm at 4,000rpm. It's paired to a five-speed transmission. Bajaj claims the petrol Qute will do 35 kmpl and the CNG 43 km/kg.
Dimensionally, the Qute is 2,752mm long, 1,312mm wide, and 1,652 mm tall. Wheelbase is 1,925 mm. The rear engined quadricycle has 20kg luggage capacity under the bonnet and can carry another 40kgs with the addition of roof rails.
Also see: Bajaj Qute First Drive Video
Starts Rs 2.48 Lakhs
- News2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Tour M diesel launched for commercial buyers at Rs 9.81 lakh
- NewsPorsche Taycan EV gets a more affordable 4S variant
- News2020 Honda Jazz could be dubbed 'Honda City hatchback'
- NewsBSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S specifications revealed
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian