Image gallery: BMW 8 Series coupe
BMW has taken the covers off its new flagship sports car, the BMW 8 Series Coupe. The car is constructed from aluminium and carbon fibre and feature unique design cues to set it apart from other cars in the range. At launch, it will be available in two variants. An M850i powered by a new version of the 4.4-litre twin turbo V8 petrol seen on other BMW car and an 840d which uses a 3.0-litre straight-six diesel. Thye car comes with a host of driving and safety aids and a new design theme in the interiors previously unseen on BMWs.
The 8 Series gets a new interpretation of the kidney grille with closeable slats for increased aero efficiency
The car's sportscar credentials are reiterated by the strong character lines along the sides
The heavily raked rear windscreen and the large trapezoidal tailpipes further accentuate the feeling of sportiness
The BMW's LED headlamps are the slimmest ever fitted to a BMW, laser units are optional
The 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 now makes 530PS and 750Nm. This gets the car from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.7s and on to a top speed of 250 kmph.
A new digital instrument cluster, updated iDrive infotainment, head-up display, driver assistance functions, a high-quality stereo and a sophisticated parking assistant are available.
The cabin is trimmed in leather, aluminium and also comes with glass detailing on the centre console.
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
- News2020 Volvo XC40 now available with benefits of up to Rs 4 lakh
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood