Image gallery: India-bound Datsun Go-Cross at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show
The Datsun Go-Cross is targeted, like the rest of the product portfolio, at global markets. Undoubtedly, given the Indian customer's affinity for crossovers, the Go-Cross will make its way here as well. We just saw it in the flesh at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show and we think it holds a lot of promise for the Indian market.
The Go-Cross will aim to raise the Datsun brand above the extremely affordable price profile the rest of its products exist in. While the concept does look almost production ready, there may be a few bits that will not see the light of day such as the wing mirrors, the large wheels and tyres and other ornamental bits that adorn concepts. Expect the rest of the design attributes to stick around to give it a sense of premiumness and presence. Scroll down to take a better look at it.
The design attributes of the Datsun Go-Cross give it a sense of premiumness and presence
There may be a few bits that will not see the light of day such as the wing mirrors, the large wheels and tyres and other ornamental bits that adorn concepts
Datsun head, Vincent (right) insists that "Datsun does not build cheap cars, Datsun builds cars for people willing to spend a year or two worth of disposable income on them."
According to Datsun design head, Koji Nagano, the crossover can be modified to cater to various market requirements. That only means it can be shortened to benefit from the sub 4-metre duty cuts prevalent in India
Existing power trains will continue to be used in the Go-Cross though states of tune may vary. A new diesel unit may also be in the works
Click here for more stories from the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6