Image gallery: India-bound 2016 Ducati XDiavel
While the Diavel focuses more on a high-performance muscle bike, there is a calmer version based on the same platform that has a more cruiser-centric approach, the XDiavel. The X in the name stands for the combination of "low-speed excitement, typical of a cruiser and the adrenaline rush of sports riding," states Ducati. Ducati unveiled the XDiavel at the 2015 EICMA show in Milan. Both the machines get distinct styling bits that give them a unique character.
Mechanically, there is also difference as the XDiavel gets a larger 1,262cc twin-cylinder Testastretta engine with belt-drive (Ducati's first). The Ducati XDiavel enters Indian shores by the end of this year and is expected to be priced between Rs 16-20 lakh.
The Ducati XDiavel is powered by a liquid-cooled 1,262cc twin-cylinder Testastretta motor that is 64cc more than that of the regular model. The larger displacement has been achieved with a longer stroke of 71.5mm instead of 67.9mm. This motor is paired to a 6-speed transmission. This motor gets variable valve timing (Desmodromic Variable Timing) and makes 156PS of power at 9,500 rpm and generates 128.9Nm of torque at a mere 5,000rpm. Compare these numbers with that of the Diavel's 162PS at 9,250rpm and 130Nm at 8,000rpm and you realise that this motor has been tuned not to have as frantic response as that of the Diavel. Read our detailed preview of the Ducati XDiavel.
The Ducati XDiavel gets super-flat headlight with LED daytime running lights
The low-slung muscular tank design of the XDiavel paired with the compact tail section looks unique
The exposed trellis frame that houses the new Testastretta DVT 1262 motor dominates the side profile
The XDiavel runs on 120/70 ZR17 tyres in the front and 240/45 ZR17 in the rear, both Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
The longer stroke in the motor helps generate greater torque at a lesser rpm thus making it suitable for long-distance riding
The XDiavel also comes equipped with Bosch-sourced electronics like the fuel-injection system and a ride by wire throttle with three riding modes: Sport, Touring and Urban
The XDiavel also gets adjustable footpegs with three different positions. It will be offered with three personalisation packs - Sport pack, Touring pack and Urban pack
Starts Rs 16,53,000
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019