Image gallery: India-bound Jeep Compass at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show
Jeep has showcased its latest SUV, the Compass, at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. It is all set to launch in India sometime in August 2017 at an introductory starting price of around Rs 16 lakh. This thanks to Jeep's decision to the build the Compass at FCA's Ranjangaon plant and localising most of the parts. The Compass will be introduced in three variants Sport, Longitude and Limited. Unfortunately, the Jeep Compass Trail Hawk, which is armed to the teeth with Jeep's offroad equipment, won't make it to India.
We expect Jeep to offer the compass with a 2.0-litre Multijet diesel engine which produces 165PS of power and 350Nm of torque. The engine will be offered with a 6-speed manual or a 9-speed automatic depending on the trim. We also hope Jeep to offer the 4x4 variant as an option, because, otherwise, it's just another front-wheel driven crossover and not a true-blue SUV.
Here's a detailed look at the Compass from the 2017 Geneva Motor Show:
The Jeep Compass resembles its larger sibling, the Grand Cherokee, in several ways. But that's not really a bad thing now, is it?
It certainly looks more SUV than crossover thanks to the muscular haunches and boxy design theme
The tail end of the Jeep Compass is quite nicely designed, especially with those LED elements in the tail lights
The black-silver finished alloys look quite rugged and suit the overall appeal of the car
Unfortunately, only the Trail Hawk variant is Trail Rated. So we won't be seeing that badge on the cars that will be sold in India
The interior looks like it is finished quite well with nice-looking highlights around the instrument cluster and around the speakers on the doors
The all-black finish doesn't make it feel very roomy
The rear seats get a 40:20:40 split, which makes luggage capacity very flexible
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers