Image gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
Yamaha has just unveiled the third generation of the YZF-R3. The 2019 Yamaha R3 will be launched globally early next year, and it should reach India later in the year. The Yamaha YZF-R3 foregoes its slightly conservative styling to adopt more much sharper design lines, and it's a looker! There doesn't seem to be a big change in the engine as the peak torque listed is the same as its predecessor. Here is a closer look at the updates.
The big update on the 2019 YZF-R3 is the sharp styling to aid better aerodynamics. Yamaha says it is heavily inspired from the litre-class YZF-R1, which itself if a derivation of the latest Factory Yamaha YMR-M1 MotoGP machine
The engine is the same 321cc liquid cooled parallel twin. However, the power figure will be revealed at the time of launch, which we expect to not change much given the similar torque output
The 2019 YZF-R3 features new inverted 37mm front forks from KYB. These help improve the rigidity, and damping control for a more sportier ride without compromising comfort over bad surfaces
From the cockpit of the Yamaha YZF-R3, another big change is the all-digital LCD instrument cluster, which replaces the outdated-looking digital-analogue combo of its predecessor
The 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3 will be on sale in Indonesia from October 2018, and will go on sale in the US in December 2018, priced at USD 5,299 (Rs 3.92 lakh approximately) for the ABS version. We can expect to see it in India sometime next year
Starts Rs 3,50,180
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip