Image gallery: India-bound Renault Kaptur
Renault is planning to take on the likes of the Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta with the Kaptur. Unveiled in Moscow, the Renault Kaptur is based on the same platform that underpins the Renault Duster in India. The Kaptur will be targeting emerging markets like India and Russia as the Captur is primarily for the Eurpopean markets. The Kaptur will be first launched in Russia in June, 2016 and is expected to arrive in India by mid-2017. The Kaptur will be a premium offering and hence might be positioned above the Duster in India. You can read all the details about the India-bound Renault Kaptur here.
The Kaptur gets an aggressive design language inspired by the Renault
The Renault Kaptur gets muscular lines and a handsome profile that will make it the best looking in its class
The side gets rugged matte cladding and a higher ground clearance of 204mm, which is 34mm more than that of the Captur
The rear too looks impressive with LED lights, a compact tail gate and a muscular bumper
The headlight design is reminiscent of the Renault Fluence sold in India
The instrumental cluster looks fresh with a new design and a centrally placed multi-information display
The cabin is similar to the Captur, save for a steering wheel and the smaller display unit.
The Renault Kaptur is expected to be powered by 1.6- and 2.0-litre flex-fuel engines
The Kaptur gets an approach angle of 20 degrees and a departure angle of 31 degrees
The company will manufacture the SUV at the Renault-Nissan plant in Oragadam, Chennai.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block