Image gallery: India-bound Volvo S90
The brand new Volvo S90 is aimed squarely at the German luxury cars from Audi, BMW and Mercedes as well as the Jaguar XF. The S90 replaces the decade old S80 sedan, and it's a huge leap forward for the Swedish brand. The S90 follows a similar eye-catching design philosophy seen in the new XC90 SUV but in a long and stretched-out avatar. It features a range of powertrain options, including the powerful T8 petrol hybrid that produces 407PS. Other options are a supercharged T6 petrol and a four-cylinder turbocharged T5. A diesel D5 variant should also be in the works. The S60 features similar opulent interiors from the XC90 and comes with Volvo's new tablet-like Sensus touch infotainment system. Expect the S90 to debut in India in the latter half of 2016.
The S90 features a striking face, similar to the new XC90 but looks even sleeker
The 'Thor's Hammer LED headlight is going to be the signature of the design
The rear is also striking but more polarising. Like it or not, you're definitely going to notice it!
The S90 boasts a long, low and subtly muscular side profile
Plush cabin reminds strongly of the XC90. We love that frameless rear view mirror!
No more trademark floating console. Instead, there's a large tablet-like touchscreen display for the Sensus infotainment system
All digital instrument cluster looks inspired by the XC90 SUV
The top trims will come with an optional Bowers and Wilkins audio system. Experience with the XC90 says this could provide exceptional sound quality
The rear looks spacious and inviting with plush and contoured seats. The high transmission tunnel means this car is best for two at the back
Starts Rs 58.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 46.45 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh