Image gallery: Meet the new India-bound Chevrolet Spin MPV
Chevrolet India's new claim to redemption is the Chevrolet Spin MPV that's set to come to India in 2017. The Spin MPV might even replace the Enjoy, which incidentally didn't have as good a run as General Motors would have liked. The Spin may sit somewhere in between the Innova and the Ertiga, the two most dominant MPVs in the market today. In either case, it's a tough task ahead for General Motors India. General Motors will have to get aggressive in terms of both marketing and pricing of their products. Aggressive pricing, however, may not necessarily translate to cheaper products but if GM can create a niche for itself then it may have a chance of making good its investments in this product.
An investment of over $1 billion is to be pumped into Chevrolet India for future expansions. There are also 10 new products lined up for India over the next five years. But for now, there's the Spin MPV. Scroll down to take a closer look.
The instrument cluster is fully digital like in the Beat and Sail
It seems like GM have used higher quality materials in the cabin
Second and third row can be folded flat to increase the boot space or carry extra luggage
The Spin is available in a seven-seater configuration
All three rows may get separate cooling vents
The 1.3-litre diesel is offered internationally in the Spin in the 75PS guise
More from OVERDRIVE on Chevrolet India:
Starts Rs 13.95 Lakhs
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield
- NewsTVS owned Norton Motorcycles to offer repayment of deposits, but at a condition