Image gallery: Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic electric SUV unveiled
The EQC is powered by two electric motors mounted on each axle which gives it all-wheel drive capabilities. This set up combines to put out 407PS and 765 Nm. The two motors are not identical, the one in front is tuned towards efficiency while the latter is tuned towards spirited driving. Power comes from an 80 kWh battery which can get from 10 to 80 per cent charge in 40 minutes with a fast charger.
The launch variant, the EQC 400, will get from 0 to 100 in 5.1s and onto a top speed of 180 kmph. Mercedes claims a range of 320 km for the EQC, which is some way off than that of rivals like the Jaguar I-Pace and the Tesla Model X both of which can go up to 380 km on a full charge.
See more images of the new EQC below
- NewsTVS iQube electric scooter launched in India at Rs 1.15 lakh, on-road
- NewsLive updates: All-electric TVS scooter launch in India
- NewsAuto Expo 2020: BSVI Mahindra TUV300 spied on test - India launch soon
- NewsSpec Comparo: Tata Nexon vs Ford Ecosport vs Mahindra XUV300
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso exports to international markets begin