Image gallery: Mercedes-Benz S400 launched in India
Mercedes-Benz India launched the S400 in India at Rs 1.31 crore (ex-Hyderabad). This adds to the already flourishing S-Class family which includes the Mercedes-Maybach S600, coupe and saloon. To be locally assembled at the Chakan plant in Pune, the Mercedes-Benz S400 packs in all the goodies seen in the S500 except for a 'minor' change.
The Mercedes-Benz S400 comes with a 3-litre V6 motor that puts out 333PS of power between 5,250-6,000 rpm and generates 480Nm at 1,600-4,000rpm. The gasoline motor is paired to a 7-speed automatic unit. Faster than its diesel counterpart, the S400 petrol does 0-100kmph in a claimed 6.1 seconds and can reach a max speed of 250kmph.
The S400 doesn't look any different from the flagship S500 except for a badge on the rear which is the only distinguishing bit. At 5,246mm length and 1,494mm height the Mercedes-Benz S400 is longer and taller than the BMW 7-Series. The interior layout and features have been carried over from the S500. Additionally, the S400 gets a 24-speaker Burmester 3D surround sound entertainment system. Offered as standard on the S400 are safety features like the ESP, eight airbags, PRE Safe, brake assist, adaptive brakes with hold function, ASR and hill start assist. The Mercedes-Benz S400 also replaces the S500 in India.
Roland Folger, managing director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Yashwant Jhabakh, group chairman, Mahavir Motors
The front profile of the Mercedes-Benz S400 looks identical to the S500
The Mercedes-Benz S400 measures 5246mm in length, 1899mm in width and 1494mm in height
The Mercedes-Benz S400 has a wheelbase of 3,165mm
Chrome accents on the bumper and the exhaust on the Mercedes-Benz S400 bring in additional appeal
The S400 badge on the rear is the only distinguishing bit from the S500
The beige and brown interiors of the Mercedes-Benz S400 make it look classy
The Mercedes-Benz S400 gets a 24-speaker Burmester 3D surround sound system
The rear passengers in the Mercedes-Benz S400 get two individual 25.4cm infotainment screens
As is standard with every S-Class, there are oodles of room for the rear seat passengers
The Mercedes-Benz S400 comes with a 3-litre V6 motor that puts out 333PS/480Nm
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018