Image gallery: 2016 Mercedes-Benz SLC
The new Mercedes-Benz SLC is essentially a facelifted SLK, but with a new face it is in-line with Mercedes' current design language. The name change comes after the company has renamed the GL to the GLS and ML to the GLE. The logic is to align the vehicles with their respective sedans, and according to Mercedes, the SLK is in line with the C-Class. The Mercedes-Benz SLC gets an all-new face with an angular bonnet and brand new headlamps. The cabin is quite similar to the old car but with some new aluminium trim and colour themes and a sleeker gear selector. It gets a 1.6-litre turbo petrol that makes 156PS and 250Nm. This is followed by the 2.0-litre four cylinder 184PS/300Nm in the SLC 200 while the SLC 300 uses the same engine but boosted to 245PS and 370Nm. Mercedes also offers a SLC 250d that uses the same 2.2-litre diesel from the C-Class and produces 204PS/500Nm. The exciting version, however, is the new SLC 43 AMG that uses the excellent 3.0-litre twin turbo V6. The Mercedes-Benz SLC is expected to arrive in India by early 2017.
Scroll down through the images to get a complete view of the Mercedes-Benz SLC.
The Mercedes-Benz SLC gets a new radiator grille and a redesigned bumper with large air vents
It gets a retractable hardtop that can be operated at speeds of up to 40 kmph
The folding metal roof will stowaway at speeds up 40kmph and the SLK's excellent Air Scarf technology
The rear retains the SLK's shape but gets new lamps and a fresh bumper
The cabin is quite similar to the old car but with some new aluminium trim and colour themes and a sleeker gear selector.
The 1.6-litre turbo petrol motor makes 156PS and 250Nm while the 2.0-litre unit churns out 184PS/300Nm SLC 200. In the SLC 300, the tweaked 2.0-litre makes 245PS/370Nm. The SLC 250d will be powered by a 2.2-litre motor that makes 204PS/500Nm
The display is now 7 inches across as opposed to the old 5.8-inch screen and promises a higher resolution
Starts Rs 82.2 Lakhs
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market