Image Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
The Volvo XC40 compact SUV will launch in India soon, with bookings already open and deliveries by next month. The Volvo XC40 compact SUV is based on the Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform that has its origins in China, thanks to Geely which now owns Volvo Cars. CMA is a more cost-effective platform for emerging markets, as against the SPA platform which underpins larger Volvo offerings. The Volvo XC40 sticks close to the 40.1 Concept showcased last year and you can clearly see the family motifs like the Thor's Hammer DRLs as well as the overall styling. The XC40 borrows design cues from both its larger siblings, the XC60 and the XC90. Volvo says 'Pilot Assist' will be used in the new Volvo XC40, which basically helps any person authorised by the owner to start the car without a key fob.
The Volvo XC40 will use the company's Sensus touchscreen infotainment system but it has a couple of enhancements too, with the touch being much smoother now. The Volvo XC40 is a 5-seater and the company claims that it has designed the SUV to have a clutter-free cabin. This shows in the layout which has minimal buttons but lots of cubby holes in the cabin. There are various storage options that include a stowaway hook for securing luggage, some more hooks at the boot as well as slots for credit cards holders.
Check out new images of the compact SUV here
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block