Image gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
Pagani has made a name for itself making special, one-off editions of its hypercars as and when anyone with enough money commissions them too. Unique Zondas still crop up long after production of the standard offering has ceased production. So it comes as no surprise that it's newest offering, the Huayra BC has been subjected to similar treatment.
This one-off Huayra BC, termed 'Macchina Volante' or Flying Macchina has been seen doing the rounds of the streets of Geneva in the last few days. This particular car stands out with its blue carbon fibre bodywork, blue brake callipers and Italian flags one running vertically up the front bumper, the other out of sight on the left side of the rear wing.
Other changes of note are the Zonda cinque-inspired roof scoop and the extra air intakes on the rear three-quarters panels. 'Macchina Volante' name is a homage to Leonardo da Vinci and his obsession with designing and building a machine that could make it possible for mankind to fly.
This is one of 20 Huayra BCs ever to be built. The BC stands for Benny Colia, Pagani's first customer. The Huayra BC debuted at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show and is the most extreme iteration of the Huayra to date.
The hand-built supercar produces 830PS and 1,100Nm from its Mercedes-AMG.supplied 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12. Its top speed is about 383 kmph and it gets from 0 to 96 kmph in 2.8s
The car has a weight of 1,218 kg, 132 kg lighter than the standard Huayra.
Pagani said the reduction in weight is largely thanks to a new and lighter type of carbon fibre. It gets a uprated brakes, a new exhaust system and transmission. The roof is only body panel unchanged from the earlier car.
The Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' is an instant classic, given the uniqueness of the car and the high level of craftsmanship involved in the making of a standard Huayra BC.
Image source: Auto Gespot
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block