Image gallery: Royal Enfield Himalayan
Royal Enfield has just unveiled its all-new motorcycle, the Himalayan in India. The Royal Enfield Himalayan is an adventure tourer and the company says that it has tested the motorcycle on different landscapes and temperatures. Powering the Royal Enfield Himalayan is an all-new 411cc single cylinder engine that the company calls the LS410- Long Stroke.
This motor sits in a half-duplex split cradle frame. The front suspension has 41mm forks with 200mm of travel while the rear uses a monoshock, a first for Royal Enfield.
The Royal Enfield Himalayan gets a 90/90 R21 Ceat tyre at the front and a 120/90 R17 at the rear. Scroll down to see our images from the Royal Enfield Himalayan showcase in Delhi.
The wheelbase is 1,465mm, seat height is a not too tall 800mm and the kerbweight we're happy to hear is just 182kg
The Royal Enfield Himalayan is powered by a completely new 411cc single cylinder engine called the LS410 Long Stroke 410
With a 15-litre tank, this promises effortless performance and tank range that you will appreciate
Royal Enfield had earlier indicated that the tyres chosen were intended to stay light enough for the Himalayan to be easy to handle. The Himalayan uses a 90/90-21? tyre up front, a Ceat Gripp
The rear tyre is a 120/90-17
The engine sits in a half-duplex split cradle frame all-new. Suspension is a 41mm front fork with 200mm travel. The rear shock is a Royal Enfield first, a linkage-type monoshock that offers 180mm of wheel travel
Peak torque is 32Nm between 4,000 and 4,500rpm. Peak power is 24.5PS at 6,500rpm
Starts Rs 1,68,273
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani