Image gallery: Skoda Kodiaq RS and Vision RS at the 2018 Paris Motor Show
The Skoda stand at the 2018 Paris Motor Show saw two important debuts. The Skoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV was shown for the first time as was the Skoda Vision RS concept hot hatch.
The Kodiaq is the first SUV from Skoda to wear the illustrious RS badge. The bigger headline is that it has set a lap time of 9:29.84 around the Nurburgring Nordschleife, the quickest for a seven-seater SUV. Also noteworthy is the SUV's powertrain. The Kodiaq RS will be available in a single diesel engine option. The 2.0-litre twin-turbo motor is already available in the international spec Volkswagen Passat where it produces 240PS and 500Nm.
The Vision RS takes the current Skoda design language and puts a more aggressive spin on it. The sharp, straight lines and Czech crystal inspired elements have become more prominent. The more purposeful stance of this concept and wide, low profile also depict its sportier aspirations.
The powertrain too is a shift from the now set formula for such hot hatchbacks. There is a 1.5-litre petrol that puts out 150PS and an electric motor provides an additional 102PS. This gives the Vision RS a system output of 245PS. This accelerates the concept study from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.1 seconds, making the intermediate sprint from 80 to 120 km/h in 8.9 seconds.
A 13 kWh Li-Ion battery pack powers the e-motor and gives the Vision RS an electric-only range of 70 km.
Skoda Vision RS
Skoda Kodiaq RS
Here is the Skoda Kodiaq RS First Drive Video Review
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.2 Lakhs
- FeaturesAll you need to know: Gordon Murray Automotive's T.50, the world's lightest supercar
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis Zeta variant gets Smartplay Studio infotainment, priced at Rs 5.97 lakh
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BSVI petrol launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.39 lakh
- OpinionOn wildlife on highways
- NewsNext generation Mahindra Thar expected to be unveiled in India on August 15