Image gallery: Suzuki Jimny SUV shown at 2018 Paris Motor Show
The Jimny is an iconic model in Suzuki's line-up and has been sold under various nameplates/badges all over the world since 1970. This new model has been a long time coming, the third generation Jimny made its debut in 1998.
The 2018 Jimny continues to be a 2-door design and a serious off-roader with ladder frame construction, four-wheel drive with low-range gearing and high-profile tyres. The green car in these images.
The fourth-gen Jimny will continues the heavily retro design theme of the earlier cars. The front grille has a 5-slat design. It is flanked by circular headlamps on either side. The headlamp housings host separated circular turn-signals. The front bumper looks minimalist but functional and houses the fog lamps and a prominent air intake. The Jimny's flared wheel arches get a dark plastic cladding. The theme is carried over inside as well. The dash has a blocky design throughout with separate housings for the gauges. There is an 80's style square housing for the touchscreen, round air con vents and toggle switches. The styling is, unsurprisingly, quite reminiscent of the Maruti Gypsy.
The green car seen here is powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine, similar to the one that debuted in India in the new Ciaz. A number of other engine options are available globally.
- Review2020 Bajaj Dominar 250 road test review
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
- NewsMaserati Ghibli hybrid to be revealed on July 16
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block