Image gallery: Tata Tiago launched in India at Rs 3.20 lakh
The Tata Tiago has been launched, finally, at Rs 3.20 lakh (ex-new Delhi). After being delayed and renamed from Zica, the Tiago is all-new offering. Available in a total of eight variants in both petrol and diesel engines, the Tata Tiago primarily competes with the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Hyundai Grandi10.
It uses a new Impact Design language which will also be seen on other cars in the portfolio. The front end is completely fresh with stretched headlamps and a wide grille. The piano black detailing done on the grille looks premium. The side profile, thankfully, doesn't remind of the Tata Indica as is the case in the Bolt. The wraparound tail lights, compact boot lid and the dual tone finished rear bumper make the entire arrangement look smart and crisp.
The naturally aspirated 1.2-litre Revotron motor puts out 85PS of power and 114Nm of torque, with a claimed mileage of 23.84kmpl. Like the Bolt, there are multi-drive modes City and Eco. The 1,047cc turbocharged Revotorq diesel motor makes 70PS/140Nm and claims to deliver 27.28kmpl. Both the petrol and the diesel engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Scroll down to see detailed Tata Tiago launch image gallery
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Tata Tiago:
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block