Image gallery: Updated BMW R 1200 GS at EICMA 2016
At the ongoing 2016 EICMA, BMW has showcased their updated R 1200 GS range of adventure motorcycles. In addition to the styling changes, the 2017 R 1200 GS also gets a Euro-IV compliant motor. BMW has also laden more electronics to make it more functional than the previous iterations. The R 1200 GS is now offered in two versions - Exclusive and Rallye. Both the machines use a 1,170cc motor that churn out 125PS of power at 7,750rpm and generates 125Nm of torque at 6,500rpm. We believe that updated R 1200 GS will be launched by the end of next year and compete with the Triumph Explorer and the Suzuki V-Strom 1000. Read all the details on the 2017 BMW R 1200 GS here
The updated R 1200 GS will be launched in India by the end of next year
The 2017 R 1200 GS Exclusive targets more road-biased riders. It comes in a special iced chocolate metallic paint job with R1200GS decals layered on the side panels
BMW has also updated the electronics with the new Riding Modes Pro function that now offers dynamic, dynamic pro, enduro and enduro pro riding modes
Contrasting to the paint job is the matte grey finished frame combined with black paint on the motor and golden brake calipers.
Unlike the Exclusive which gets alloys, this one gets cross-spoke rims which boasts of a stronger off-road capability.
The Rallye comes equipped with a radiator and frame guard and wide enduro style footrests.
The 2017 R 1200 GS Exclusive targets more road-biased riders.
The new R 1200 GS also comes equipped with the brand's new electronic suspension with self-leveling function that automatically adjusts spring preload settings.
The 1,170cc motor powering both the R 1200 GS Exclusive and Rallye models makes 125PS of power at 7,750rpm and generates 125Nm of torque at 6,500rpm
The suspension set-up in the BMW R 1200 GS Rallye gets stiffer springs, larger spring struts as well as an additional suspension travel over the Exclusive model
For more stories on EICMA 2016, click here.
Starts Rs 16,20,000
Starts Rs 7,46,577
Starts Rs 14,95,000
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip