Image gallery: Volkswagen T-Roc SUV
Volkswagen has finally unveiled the production-spec T-Roc. Based on the MQB platform, the T-Roc is 4,178mm long, 1,819mm wide and 1,573mm high with a wheelbase of 2,603mm. The ground clearance is 170mm. Volkswagen designers have kept the SUV true to the concept slim all-LED headlights, LED DRLs and fog lamps, flared wheel arches and a simple-looking rear. The cabin gets an optional 11.7-inch Active InfoDisplay that showcases varied information. The touchscreen infotainment system supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, with optional wireless charging. VW offers safety systems like pedestrian monitoring, front assist area monitoring with emergency braking, auto post collision braking and lane assist as standard across all the trim levels. Six turbocharged petrol and diesel engines are on offer with manual as well as automatic transmission as well as AWD. VW may most likely bring the T-Roc sometime next year to take on the Jeep Compass and Hyundai Creta. Here is a look at the images of the SUV.
The front of the Volkswagen T-Roc is dominated by a wide grill that converges into the slim LED headlamps
The roof is designed such that the roof-line imparts a coupe-like silhouette to the car and is available in colours contrasting to that of the body's. It also features an all-glass panoramic sunroof as an option
The strong shoulder line complimented by the flared wheel arches give the T-Roc an imposing stance
An all-round plastic trim protects the bodywork around the wheel arches and side sills, as well as the front and rear. Also present is an underbody guard, that is standard across the range
The all-new 11.7 inch Active InfoDisplay presents the driver with contextual information about the car. It acts as a digital instrument cluster and can even display maps. The 8.2-inch touchscreen (optional) infotainment system comes with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Mirrolink functionality built in.
The rear bench can be split and folded in 60:40 ratio, which expands the 445 litre boot to 1290 litres
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9