Images of the Indian Chief Dark Horse leaked prior to launch
Images of the Indian Chief Dark Horse have surfaced on the internet, prior to its official launch in Chicago, USA. The Dark Horse is in essence, the same Indian Chief that is currently in the market, with only a new blacked out theme to distinguish it from the other Chiefs. In effect, the new exterior theme has certainly increased the appeal of the essentially retro motorcycle.
Almost every bit of the new bike is swathed in a shade of black, accentuated by chrome strips on the front and rear fenders, chrome levers, and chrome exhausts. The V-twin engine too gets the black treatment. The wire spoked rims which are shod with white walled tyres on the Chief Classic are replaced by black alloy-wheels and tyres. The headlamp area and front forks are also covered in a shade of black. The new motorcycle also ditches the additional twin headlights that were placed on either side of the main headlight. Overall, the bike looks stunning in the images.
Mechanically, the bike will retain the same 1811cc, Thunderstroke motor that produces 139Nm of torque all of which is transmitted to the belt driven rear wheel by a 6-speed gearbox. The price of the new Indian Chief Dark Horse will be revealed at the launch during the Progressive International Motor Show in Chicago. Expect the motorcycle to hit our shores by mid-2015.
More from OVERDRIVE on Indian Motorcycle:
Starts Rs 18,81,000
Starts Rs 12,69,500
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block