India Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
The factory racing arm of the TVS Motor Company, TVS Racing, today announced its squad for India Baja 2018. This is the outfit's third consecutive outing at this event and this year's squad includes Lorenzo Santolino from Spain, R Nataraj, Abdul Wahid Tanveer, Harith Noah, Imran Pasha and Rajendra RE from India.
All six riders are experienced contenders. This is Lorenzo Santolino first outing in this event. He comes on the back of vast experience in the international rally circuit. To acclimatise to Indian conditions, he participated in the Desert Storm earlier this year and finished on the podium.
Nataraj is an 8-time National Champion while Abdul Wahid has notched up three National Championships in Rally and Supercross. This is 7-time National Champion Harith Noah first time at India Baja also while Rajendra RE, six-time National Championship winner, is participating for the second time. Imran Pasha, also debuting at India Baja, has one National Championship win to his credit.
Abdul Wahid Tanveer
The third edition of the India Baja off-road motorsport event will be held in the deserts around Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, between August 17 and 19. Participants in the event will compete in Baja format rallies covering over 400 km of Special Stages and 150+ km of Transport Stages, covering some challenging off-road terrain in the Thar desert. Contenders are expected to battle temperatures higher than 50 degrees Celsius during the course of the rally.
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019