India-bound 2016 Ford EcoSport facelift unveiled
A new Ford EcoSport has been released for the UK market. This new version has improvements in driving dynamics and certain visual changes, the most noticeable difference being an option to have the car without the rear-mounted spare wheel. The interiors get additional chrome and partial leather seats on the Titanium models while the privacy glass is standard. It also gets a Winter Pack which provides a heated windshield, mirrors and front seats and floor-level rear seat ventilation which should provide better comfort in cold weather.
The centre console is restyled with a lowered charcoal black instrument panel with the centre console and door boards in the same colour. Ford's voice-controlled connectivity system, Sync, is are offered on all trims along with a four-inch colour display on the centre console. To improve refinement and cut down on cabin noise, thicker soundproofing materials have been used in the doors and dashboards along with tighter seals around the pedals. The models without the rear-mounted spare wheel will get a tyre mobility kit as standard. The rear swing-gate on these models has been revised to allow convenient access to the boot.
The driving dynamics are said to have been improved due to revisions to the entire suspension set-up after significant testing. These revisions include changes to the springs, dampers, rear torsion beam, electronic stability programme and electronic power assisted steering settings. The engine variants offered in the UK are the 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, 1.5-litre petrol engine and 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine. In India though, expect the same 1.5-litre 100PS/215Nm diesel engine that will be seen on the Ford Figo Aspire.
More from OVERDRIVE on Ford's new cars in India:
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani