India-bound 2016 Toyota Fortuner brochure leaked online
Toyota India launched the Fortuner in 2009 and since then has been periodically updating it with mild changes. However, the new generation Fortuner is supposedly planned to arrive late this year and a brochure with all details has been leaked online.
The new Toyota Fortuner is already being sold in Australia while the one in the brochure is an Indonesian spec model. The SUV now features busier lines on the front. The bi-xenon headlights have been completely changed and now feature day time running lamps. The external mirrors come embedded with turn indicators. The rear pillars have been blackened to give a floating roof effect. The upper variants will also get power tail gate. The new dimensions are larger than the outgoing model but it retains its wheelbase.
The interiors of the new Fortuner have been reworked to make it look elegant and premium. There is a TFT multi information display on the cluster and power adjustable seats. The rear zone also gets automatic climate control. Toyota will sell the new Fortuner in base line G, middle order SRZ and a premium line VRZ variant in Indonesia.
The two new engines that come in the new Fortuner include a 2.8-litre motor that makes 177PS and 450Nm and a 2.4-litre engine that makes 150PS of power and 400Nm of torque. The new Toyota Fortuner will compete against the 2016 Ford Endeavour and Chevrolet Trailblazer in India.
Click here to see how the present gen Fortuner fairs against the new Endeavour and Trailblazer
Starts Rs 27.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.19 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900