India-bound 2016 Toyota Fortuner brochure leaked online
Toyota India launched the Fortuner in 2009 and since then has been periodically updating it with mild changes. However, the new generation Fortuner is supposedly planned to arrive late this year and a brochure with all details has been leaked online.
The new Toyota Fortuner is already being sold in Australia while the one in the brochure is an Indonesian spec model. The SUV now features busier lines on the front. The bi-xenon headlights have been completely changed and now feature day time running lamps. The external mirrors come embedded with turn indicators. The rear pillars have been blackened to give a floating roof effect. The upper variants will also get power tail gate. The new dimensions are larger than the outgoing model but it retains its wheelbase.
The interiors of the new Fortuner have been reworked to make it look elegant and premium. There is a TFT multi information display on the cluster and power adjustable seats. The rear zone also gets automatic climate control. Toyota will sell the new Fortuner in base line G, middle order SRZ and a premium line VRZ variant in Indonesia.
The two new engines that come in the new Fortuner include a 2.8-litre motor that makes 177PS and 450Nm and a 2.4-litre engine that makes 150PS of power and 400Nm of torque. The new Toyota Fortuner will compete against the 2016 Ford Endeavour and Chevrolet Trailblazer in India.
Click here to see how the present gen Fortuner fairs against the new Endeavour and Trailblazer
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India