India-bound 2016 Toyota Fortuner brochure leaked online
Toyota India launched the Fortuner in 2009 and since then has been periodically updating it with mild changes. However, the new generation Fortuner is supposedly planned to arrive late this year and a brochure with all details has been leaked online.
The new Toyota Fortuner is already being sold in Australia while the one in the brochure is an Indonesian spec model. The SUV now features busier lines on the front. The bi-xenon headlights have been completely changed and now feature day time running lamps. The external mirrors come embedded with turn indicators. The rear pillars have been blackened to give a floating roof effect. The upper variants will also get power tail gate. The new dimensions are larger than the outgoing model but it retains its wheelbase.
The interiors of the new Fortuner have been reworked to make it look elegant and premium. There is a TFT multi information display on the cluster and power adjustable seats. The rear zone also gets automatic climate control. Toyota will sell the new Fortuner in base line G, middle order SRZ and a premium line VRZ variant in Indonesia.
The two new engines that come in the new Fortuner include a 2.8-litre motor that makes 177PS and 450Nm and a 2.4-litre engine that makes 150PS of power and 400Nm of torque. The new Toyota Fortuner will compete against the 2016 Ford Endeavour and Chevrolet Trailblazer in India.
Click here to see how the present gen Fortuner fairs against the new Endeavour and Trailblazer
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3