India-bound 2017 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift unveiled
Chevrolet first showcased the new Trailblazer in the concept form at the 37th Bangkok Motor Show in March 2016. And now, the production-ready version has been unveiled in Brazil. While there are no changes on the mechanical side, there are some cosmetic additions to the exteriors and the interior gets a plush and premium dashboard. The new Trailblazer will hit showroom in Brazil by the end of this month, while it is expected to arrive in India by early 2017.
The Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift looks more premium and muscular than the previous model. It gets a muscular bonnet, new headlight design with integrated daytime running lights and a tweaked front bumper that houses larger air vents. In addition, the Chevrolet bowtie has been repositioned on the upper section of the signature dual-port grille. The side and the rear don't get any substantial changes, except for new alloy wheels. Inside, the cabin too has been updated for a more upmarket and plush feel which can be seen with the all-new dashboard. Chevrolet has also updated the MyLink infotainment system which comes with Android Auto and CarPlay as standard across all variants. The list of safety features in the Trailblazer facelift include cross-traffic alert, parking sensors, collision warning, lane-change assist and blind spot warning. The Trailblazer sold in India doesn't get any of that.
The mechanicals have been retained from the earlier model. The international spec gets two engine options, while the Indian version is offered with a four-cylinder 2.8-litre motor that makes 200PS at 3,600 rpm and generates 500Nm at 2,000rpm. This motor is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission. We have sampled this motor in our review and found that cruising at high speeds is effortless because of the impressive torque and triple-digit speeds can be maintained without straining the engine. Read all about it in our Chevrolet Trailblazer review. Also, the model sold in India misses out on the four-wheel drivetrain and is just offered with a two-wheel drive option.
While the new Chevrolet Trailblazer is expected to arrive by early 2017, the one sold presently competes with the likes of the Ford Endeavour. Both these American SUVs have their unique traits, but which one of them outbeats the other? Read our 2016 Ford Endeavour vs Chevrolet Trailblazer comparo.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Oct 2018
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh