India-bound 2017 Honda Mobilio and Mobilio RS facelift images released
Honda has just released images of the refreshed Mobilio and Mobilio RS for the Thailand market. The images only reveal changes to the front and side profiles of the car, but we think that the rear-end wouldn't get too many changes in the first place. The front of the 2017 Honda Mobilio is completely new with BR-V inspired headlights and a chunky chrome strip like in the newer Hondas connecting the headlights. The front bumper is new too, and the bonnet has been revamped to accommodate the new grille and headlights. On the RS variant, the chrome strip on the grille has been painted black, while the bumper with the sporty cuts and fog lamp housings is different too. It also gets the sporty dual-tone wheels like in the current Mobilio RS.
The interior of the car, although not unveiled as yet, is expected to get the same update that the facelifted Amaze received in 2016. This means a new instrument cluster, climate control and a more basic two-din infotainment system instead of the earlier difficult-to-use touchscreen system. Mechanically, the only update will be to the gearbox. The petrol variant will now get a CVT instead of the current 5-speed torque converter.
The Honda Mobilio has become quite popular in the fleet market, but isn't doing too well among private consumers. However, this update to the Mobilio which is expected here sometime in 2017, should help move things along.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Baja Designs XL80 auxiliary lights
- News2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar leads Elite Club division with podium finish in Italy
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- FeaturesAdvertorial: Balajee Bobba - Adventurer with an Eye on Safety #WhatDrivesYou
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead