India-bound 2017 Jeep Compass SUV unveiled
Jeep has finally unveiled its all-new C-segment competitor, the Compass. This 2017 model is different from the existing Compass model and expected to replace it. The new SUV is based on the company's 'Small Wide 4x4' architecture and expected to be available in front-wheel as well as four-wheel drive configurations. The vehicles are currently manufactured at Goiana, Pernambuco, Brazil. However, production will start in India in 2017 at FCA's Ranjangaon plant near Pune. The vehicle will be showcased at the upcoming Los Angeles Motor Show this November.
Unlike the older Compass or even the new Renegade, the latest Jeep gets a sharp and sculpted look. It looks like its bigger Grand Cherokee sibling; however, the LED headlamps as well as tail lamps are new bits unknown to the Jeep range. The black 17-inch alloy wheels look especially nice on this SUV. In the top-end Trailhawk trim, customers can deck their SUV in a dual-tone colour, on-off road tyres as well as a special "Rock" mode. Of the four trims available, only the Longitude gets 18-inch wheels.
Inside, the base Sport model gets a 5-inch touchscreen system, ABS with ESC, dual airbags, reverse camera with sensors and electronic parking brake. Ground clearance is 218mm, but the extreme Trailhawk gets an additional 10mm. Jeep offers as many as 17 powertrains for the new Compass; however, the Brazilian market, which is similar to ours, gets a 157PS/195Nm 2.0-litre flex fuel petrol and 165PS/350Nm Multijet-II turbodiesel options. The 6-speed automatic transmission is exclusive to the Jeep Compass petrol while the 9-speed auto is available in the Trailhawk diesel trim.
Jeep Compass Limited
Prices for the Jeep Compass start at around Rs 19 lakh in Brazil. Expect the car to be priced similarly or lower when production starts in India. The launch is expected closer to October 2017, and the Jeep Compass will compete against the soon-to-be launched Hyundai Tucson.
Here is the image gallery of the Jeep Compass
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic