India-bound 2017 Nissan X-Trail facelift revealed
Nissan has unveiled a facelifted version of the India-bound X-Trail SUV. Up front, the 2017 Nissan X-Trail gets a new bumper and a V-Motion grille which is larger and integrates neatly into the updated headlamp clusters. The headlamps feature the signature boomerang-shaped DRLs and an Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), which is Nissan-talk for adaptive LED headlights. Additionally, the new bumper houses rectangular fog lamps instead of circular ones. The overall side profile remains the same, with an added chrome strip on the plastic mould at the bottom. The biggest updates at the back are the full-LED tail light clusters which keep the X-Trail from looking dated.
On the inside, the 2017 Nissan X-Trail gets a few updates like a Bose audio system (on the top-spec variant), vented seats for front and rear passengers, and a flat-bottomed steering wheel. While it also gets features like an electric tailgate activated by a motion sensor, the biggest highlight is the addition of ProPilot - Nissan's autonomous driving system that offers Level 2 autonomy. This means that the car can accelerate, brake and steer in single lane on highways during traffic congestions and high-speed cruising.
The 2017 Nissan X-Trail will make its way to India either at the end of this year or early next year. It will be sold to us only as a hybrid. This means it will get the Nissan's FF Hybrid System which uses a 1,997cc, inline-4 petrol motor that makes 144PS and 200Nm of torque, which is assisted by the 41PS/160Nm RM31 electric motor.
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover