India-bound 2017 Nissan X-Trail facelift revealed
Nissan has unveiled a facelifted version of the India-bound X-Trail SUV. Up front, the 2017 Nissan X-Trail gets a new bumper and a V-Motion grille which is larger and integrates neatly into the updated headlamp clusters. The headlamps feature the signature boomerang-shaped DRLs and an Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), which is Nissan-talk for adaptive LED headlights. Additionally, the new bumper houses rectangular fog lamps instead of circular ones. The overall side profile remains the same, with an added chrome strip on the plastic mould at the bottom. The biggest updates at the back are the full-LED tail light clusters which keep the X-Trail from looking dated.
On the inside, the 2017 Nissan X-Trail gets a few updates like a Bose audio system (on the top-spec variant), vented seats for front and rear passengers, and a flat-bottomed steering wheel. While it also gets features like an electric tailgate activated by a motion sensor, the biggest highlight is the addition of ProPilot - Nissan's autonomous driving system that offers Level 2 autonomy. This means that the car can accelerate, brake and steer in single lane on highways during traffic congestions and high-speed cruising.
The 2017 Nissan X-Trail will make its way to India either at the end of this year or early next year. It will be sold to us only as a hybrid. This means it will get the Nissan's FF Hybrid System which uses a 1,997cc, inline-4 petrol motor that makes 144PS and 200Nm of torque, which is assisted by the 41PS/160Nm RM31 electric motor.
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live