India bound 2019 Jeep Wrangler scores one star in ANCAP
The 2019 Jeep Wrangler, which is expected to be launched in India later this year scored one star in ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Program). The SUV scored 50 per cent in adult occupant protection and scored 80 per cent in child occupant protection. Also, the Jeep Wrangler got 49 per cent for pedestrian safety also scored 32 per cent in safety assist.
The Jeep Wrangler on test was equipped with speed assistance system, lane support system, seat belt reminders and Autonomous emergency braking (AEB).
ANCAP Chief Executive, James Goodwin said," The safety performance of the Wrangler is limited, falling well shy of the expected standard in three of the four key areas of assessment."
"Chest protection was a concern for the driver and rear passenger in each of the frontal crash tests; a number of penalties were applied for structural deformation and potential leg injury hazards, and base variants lack autonomous emergency braking altogether," Goodwin said.
Starts Rs 63.94 Lakhs
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India