India bound 2019 Jeep Wrangler scores one star in ANCAP
The 2019 Jeep Wrangler, which is expected to be launched in India later this year scored one star in ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Program). The SUV scored 50 per cent in adult occupant protection and scored 80 per cent in child occupant protection. Also, the Jeep Wrangler got 49 per cent for pedestrian safety also scored 32 per cent in safety assist.
The Jeep Wrangler on test was equipped with speed assistance system, lane support system, seat belt reminders and Autonomous emergency braking (AEB).
ANCAP Chief Executive, James Goodwin said," The safety performance of the Wrangler is limited, falling well shy of the expected standard in three of the four key areas of assessment."
"Chest protection was a concern for the driver and rear passenger in each of the frontal crash tests; a number of penalties were applied for structural deformation and potential leg injury hazards, and base variants lack autonomous emergency braking altogether," Goodwin said.
Starts Rs 63.94 Lakhs
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300