India-bound Datsun Cross to debut on January 18, 2018
Datsun has finally made things official by releasing a teaser image of the Cross, that is all set to make its international debut at Jakarta, Indonesia on January 18, 2018. The Datsun Cross is a production version of the Go Cross concept that was first showcased at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show, followed by its display at the 2016 Auto Expo.
The production version of the Datsun Cross looks almost identical that of the Go Cross concept
The teaser image of the Datsun Cross gives almost a clear idea of the front profile. At least from the image, it can be seen the Datsun Cross retains most of the design elements that were previewed on the Datsun Go Cross concept. It gets projector lights with LED DRLs and also fog lamps placed on the bumper, all of which will be a first for Datsun. The contours and creases on the front bumper makes it look sportier compared to the Go and the Go+ cars. There is also a bash plate that hints at a rugged crossover styling. The side and the rear will be similar to the Go+ except for minor detailing like cladding and a tweaked tailgate. The same can be seen with the leaked teaser image of the Datsun Cross. Additionally, there will be a roof rack that can take upto 30 kg of luggage.
The rear quarter view of the Datsun Cross looks almost like that of the Go+ (spied image by Autonetmagz.com)
The cabin details of the Datsun Cross have still not been revealed. However, we believe that the interior design and trims will be similar to the GO cars. We expect Datsun to make the cabin more plush and equip it generously with features to make the Cross in sync with its rivals in India.
The powertrain option that is available in the Go series is the 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 68PS of power at 5,000 rpm and generates 104Nm at 4,000rpm. For the Cross, Datsun might look at using the same powertrain in a different state of tune. However, Vincent Cobee, global head - Datsun, mentioned at the motor show that the Go-Cross might not feature a diesel powertrain and instead will come equipped with a newly developed engine, which will be offered in addition to the existing options.
The Datsun Cross will be positioned above the Go and the Go+ and will rival the likes of the Mahindra KUV100 and to some extent the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!
- NewsBMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS: Watch the BMW Motorrad live webcast here
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims