India-bound Honda BR-V gets five star rating from ASEAN NCAP for crash safety
ASEAN NCAP (New car Assessment Program) has given a five star rating to the Honda BR-V in crash tests that were carried out at the Japan Automobile Research Institute. In the frontal offset impact and side impact tests, the BR-V scored 14.79 out of 16 in Adult Occupation Protection (AOP). In the Child Occupant Protection (COP) category it received a four star rating.
In an official release, ASEAN NCAP has stated that only those BR-V variants which come equipped with electronic stability control and seatbelt reminder system are eligible for five star rating. The variants that don't get these features have received a four star rating.
According to the official release, the Honda BR-V is the eighth SUV model to have been crash tested by ASEAN NCAP. In the AOP category, it has scored higher than some of its competitors including the Subaru XV, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Toyota Rush and GVM Haval M4.
The BR-V is expected to arrive on our shores sometime between May to June this year. Once launched, it will compete against the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Maruti S-Cross. It is based on the Mobilio platform and will be offered to buyers with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Honda BR-V
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.98 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- NewsMaruti Suzuki launches subscription services
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block