India-bound Honda BR-V prototype showcased at GIIAS Indonesia 2015
Honda premiered the prototype of the BR-V crossover at the GIIAS in Indonesia. It had released a rendering of this vehicle just last month. This India-bound compact SUV will be based on the Brio's underpinnings. The Honda BR-V will be powered by a 120PS/145Nm 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine with two transmission options - a six-speed manual and a CVT from Honda's Earth Dreams Technology.
The safety features on the prototype BR-V include dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and a hill-start assist. A multi-information display unit and a rear air-conditioner between the first and second row seats were seen inside. The BR-V also gets 16-inch aluminium alloy wheels while the rest of the exterior design seemed to be a blend of their other cars. The front fascia resembles the Honda CR-V while the side profile takes cues like the kink in the belt-line from the Mobilio. The car looks near-production ready and gets projector headlamps.
Expect Honda Car India Limited to debut this vehicle in production form at the Auto Expo 2016. As and when it will be launched, the Honda BR-V will also have an Earth Dream diesel engine under the hood.
Starts Rs 9.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 22.29 Lakhs
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions