India-bound Honda BR-V prototype showcased at GIIAS Indonesia 2015
Honda premiered the prototype of the BR-V crossover at the GIIAS in Indonesia. It had released a rendering of this vehicle just last month. This India-bound compact SUV will be based on the Brio's underpinnings. The Honda BR-V will be powered by a 120PS/145Nm 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine with two transmission options - a six-speed manual and a CVT from Honda's Earth Dreams Technology.
The safety features on the prototype BR-V include dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and a hill-start assist. A multi-information display unit and a rear air-conditioner between the first and second row seats were seen inside. The BR-V also gets 16-inch aluminium alloy wheels while the rest of the exterior design seemed to be a blend of their other cars. The front fascia resembles the Honda CR-V while the side profile takes cues like the kink in the belt-line from the Mobilio. The car looks near-production ready and gets projector headlamps.
Expect Honda Car India Limited to debut this vehicle in production form at the Auto Expo 2016. As and when it will be launched, the Honda BR-V will also have an Earth Dream diesel engine under the hood.
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.15 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior