India-bound Honda BR-V prototype showcased at GIIAS Indonesia 2015
Honda premiered the prototype of the BR-V crossover at the GIIAS in Indonesia. It had released a rendering of this vehicle just last month. This India-bound compact SUV will be based on the Brio's underpinnings. The Honda BR-V will be powered by a 120PS/145Nm 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine with two transmission options - a six-speed manual and a CVT from Honda's Earth Dreams Technology.
The safety features on the prototype BR-V include dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and a hill-start assist. A multi-information display unit and a rear air-conditioner between the first and second row seats were seen inside. The BR-V also gets 16-inch aluminium alloy wheels while the rest of the exterior design seemed to be a blend of their other cars. The front fascia resembles the Honda CR-V while the side profile takes cues like the kink in the belt-line from the Mobilio. The car looks near-production ready and gets projector headlamps.
Expect Honda Car India Limited to debut this vehicle in production form at the Auto Expo 2016. As and when it will be launched, the Honda BR-V will also have an Earth Dream diesel engine under the hood.
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.4 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales