India-bound Honda BR-V prototype showcased at GIIAS Indonesia 2015
Honda premiered the prototype of the BR-V crossover at the GIIAS in Indonesia. It had released a rendering of this vehicle just last month. This India-bound compact SUV will be based on the Brio's underpinnings. The Honda BR-V will be powered by a 120PS/145Nm 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine with two transmission options - a six-speed manual and a CVT from Honda's Earth Dreams Technology.
The safety features on the prototype BR-V include dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and a hill-start assist. A multi-information display unit and a rear air-conditioner between the first and second row seats were seen inside. The BR-V also gets 16-inch aluminium alloy wheels while the rest of the exterior design seemed to be a blend of their other cars. The front fascia resembles the Honda CR-V while the side profile takes cues like the kink in the belt-line from the Mobilio. The car looks near-production ready and gets projector headlamps.
Expect Honda Car India Limited to debut this vehicle in production form at the Auto Expo 2016. As and when it will be launched, the Honda BR-V will also have an Earth Dream diesel engine under the hood.
Starts Rs 9.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 22.29 Lakhs
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- FeaturesProduct review: Shima RS-1 gloves
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch