India-bound Honda WR-V compact SUV teased
Last month, Honda revealed the sketches of their upcoming compact SUV, the WR-V. And now the company has put out a teaser image for the same. The Honda WR-V is essentially a Jazz based crossover which will officially debut at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show, scheduled to take place between November 8-20, 2016 in Brazil.
The Honda WR-V replaces the Fit Twist (Jazz) sold in the international markets. The teaser image doesn't reveal much except for the DRLs and a muscular profile of the bonnet. The official sketch has already revealed the new radiator grille, larger bumper with the distinct fog lamp housing. In addition to that, the WR-V will also sport flared wheel arches, roof rails, characteristic lines on the side similar to that of the Jazz and also a higher ground clearance compared to that of the hatchback. Honda has still not revealed the rear profile of the WR-V.
Powering the Honda WR-V will be the same 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engines that are offered in the Jazz hatchback. We did reach out to Honda India to get an official confirmation on the WR-V coming to India however the officials denied making a comment on the same. Honda Jazz, since its launch in India last year, has been doing a steady sales of 3,000 to 4,000 units per month. However, it strongest rival, the Hyundai Elite i20 along with the i20 Active has been clocking a sales of 9,000 to 10,000 units per month. The Honda WR-V will be positioned between the Jazz and the 7-seater BR-V. We believe the compact SUV can give Honda the necessary boost in sales figures.
The Honda WR-V, when launched in India, will compete with the likes of the Hyundai i20 Active, Volkswagen Cross Polo and also the Toyota Etios Cross. We expect the WR-V to arrive in India by late 2017 and will be priced between Rs 6.5 lakh to 10 lakh.
Starts Rs 8.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.74 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers recorded a sale of 54,820 units in May 2020
- NewsFormula 1 announces eight-round European leg for the 2020 season
- FeaturesFive tips on exterior car care
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Triumph Motorcycles to cut 400 jobs globally
- News2020 Datsun Redi-go BSVI facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 2.83 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!