India-bound Hyundai Creta facelift teased ahead of launch
Hyundai Brazil has released teaser images of the Brazilian-spec Creta ahead of its reveal at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in November. The first thing that strikes you in the image is the large grill and the horizontal fog lights as opposed to the vertical ones seen on the Indian version. The silver panel at the bottom of the front bumper has also been changed, it now runs around the air-intake. The headlamp cluster remains the same, with the DRLs running under the projector headlamps.
At the rear, the Creta's bumper also features a subtle redesign. The taillights feature a different cluster, with the indicators and reverse lights occupying the bottom half, the brake lights take up the rest of the space. The chrome strip above the number plate seems to have been extended to the entire length of the rear boot lid.
The Creta will use the same engine as the HB20 which is currently on sale in Brazil. The 1.6-litre CVVT flex-fuel engine puts out 127PS of power and 162Nm of torque at 4,500rpm. The car will be offered with a 6-speed manual or automatic transmission. The car will be built at Hyundai's Piracicaba plant, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, where it will likely go on sale in early 2017.
The Creta is a nameplate that Hyundai first used for the Indian car. The car is one of Hyundai India's bestselling vehicles, with over a lakh units sold since its launch in 2015. At the moment, the waiting period for a Creta is one month. This is down from the earlier 6-7 months waiting period that the Creta demanded. Here the car is offered with a 1.4-litre diesel and 1.6-litre petrol/diesel powerplants. While 6-speed manual transmission is standard, there is also the optional 6-speed auto. Hyundai recently introduced a 6-speed auto with the petrol engine as well as the Anniversary Edition. If and when this facelift makes it to India (our guess is in early-2017), expect the Creta to sell more units than before.
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic