India-bound Jaguar F-Pace details revealed
Jaguar will make it's debut in the SUV segment with the all new F-Pace. Based on the CX-17 Crossover concept, the F-Pace was unveiled at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. The upcoming SUV is based on Jaguar's new Lightweight Aluminium Architecture that also underpins the XF and the XE. The F-Pace will lock horns against the Porsche Macan and the BMW X5. F-Pace will hit Indian shores by end-2016.
The Jaguar F-Pace is powered by a V6 3.0-litre diesel motor that puts out 300PS of power at 4,000 rpm and generates 700Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. This motor is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission and will come in an all-wheel drive configuration. Jaguar claims that the F-Pace can sprint from naught to 100kmph in 6.2seconds. The company also states that the F-Pace delivers a fuel efficiency of 16.6kmpl. You can read more on how this motor performs in our India-bound 2016 Jaguar F-Pace first drive review.
In terms of dimensions, the Jaguar F-Pace is 4,731mm in length, 1,936mm in width and 1,667mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,874mm. This makes it longer than the Porsche Macan by 50mm, wider by 13mm and taller by 43mm. Even the wheelbase is longer by 67mm.
It gets adaptive dynamics with double wishbone front suspensions and an integral link for the rear suspension. The F-Pace also comes with electromechanical power assisted steering. It will be offered with 20-inch wheels as standard.
The F-Pace will come equipped with Jaguar's InControl touchsreen system, activity key, climate front seats with heated rear seats, park assist with 360degree camera and gesture tailgate. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE to know more on the Jaguar F-Pace.
Starts Rs 62.17 Lakhs
Starts Rs 74.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block