India-bound Jeep Renegade spied, to be unveiled later this year
Jeep will be giving the Renegade a mid-life update in the international market. The facelifted Jeep Renegade has been spied and it does reveal some of the design changes that the SUV will feature. The Jeep Renegade will hit international dealerships later this year, after its debut at one of the motor shows. And it is also believed that Jeep India will bring the Renegade to India. It at all that happens, the Jeep Renegade will lock horns with the Hyundai Creta and the Renault Captur.
The front profile of the 2018 Jeep Renegade will be tweaked
From the camouflaged images of the Jeep Renegade facelift, it can be seen that the front and the rear profile of the SUV will be receiving a tweak in the design whereas the side profile remains unchanged. The Jeep Renegade's boxy design has been the highlight of the SUV and that has been retained in the upcoming offering as well. The cabin of the Jeep Renegade too will be updated. The larger infotainment system and the climate control unit seems to have been borrowed from the 2019 Jeep Cherokee.
More than the exterior and the interior, the Jeep Renegade facelift is also expected to get an update in the powertrain options. The 2.4-litre unit that been doing the duty in the present model will be replaced by the turbo 2.0-litre that is offered in the 2019 Cherokee and the Wrangler. It is obvious that Jeep will be altering the power outputs of this engine to make it suitable for the Renegade SUV. It is also believed that a mild hybrid unit might be introduced in the Renegade in the future.
Jeep India is also believed to launch the locally produced model in the country. Since the Jeep Renegade facelift will launch in the international markets later this year, we believe, it will be launched in India in 2019. Would you like to wait for the Jeep Renegade or go with the Hyundai Creta, let us know in the comment section below.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019