India-bound next-generation Hyundai i20 details revealed ahead of debut
Hyundai has revealed the details of its upcoming premium hatchback, the i20, which gets a new redesigned exterior and updated powertrains. The i20 will make its debut at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show, and the India-spec model of the car is most likely to be the same with some minor alterations. According to the revealed images of the upcoming i20, it looks much sportier than its predecessor with sharp lines and creases, with the overall dimensions resembling that of the outgoing model. Along with the design tweaks, the new i20 gets dual-tone alloy wheels redesigned to match the overall design philosophy. The rear-end of the car gets sharp triangular tail lamps which are joined by a floating strip. The new i20 also gets chrome inserts in the side profile under the windows, which makes it look premium.
Under the hood, the new i20 will get a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine producing 120PS and 172Nm borrowed from the one seen in Venue. Attached to this, will be a 48V mild-hybrid system which will help to enhance the overall efficiency. Other engine options include a similar version of the 1.0-litre petrol with 99PS and without mild-hybrid technology and a 1.2-litre petrol present currently.
Inside the cabin, the images show that the new i20 will sport a four-spoke steering wheel with embedded controls. Also, the new i20 will feature a digital instrument cluster and is most likely to come with connected car technology. The infotainment system is moved up to reach the driver's line of sight.
We expect the prices of the new i20 to be around Rs 6.5-10 lakh ex-showroom when launched in India, being at par or a slight premium over the current model. The new i20 will rival the Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the recently launched Tata Altroz.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055